This 1 Thing Has Changed Everything In My Day

https://pixabay.com/

How many times do you hit the snooze bar on your alarm or tell Alexa to shut up when the alarm sounds in the morning? Do you fight everyday to catch a little bit more of the dream you were in the middle of when that awful sound jarred you from peaceful slumber? Is your first though, “Oh no, not again?”

I totally get it! I’ve been there (and sometimes on the weekend, I’m right there with you). I can tell you a couple of things that have really helped with making it easier to get moving in the morning:

1. Turn in at a reasonable hour...like BEFORE midnight!
2. Don’t eat any heavy snacks after dinner.
3. Definitely don't eat after midnight! (80's joke)

Eating the right breakfast has been a great help too. Getting into a workout plan I like has been good for me as well but when it comes to what really has changed everything, it comes down to something I never expected.

Here is what has made the difference to change everything...prayer. Not just any prayer mind you but one prayer in particular. It is a prayer I use to model all the breath prayers I pray each week and a prayer I’ve been praying for many years and a prayer given to us first by Jesus. It is called the Jesus Prayer.

That’s it! “Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.”

I have prayed it so much through the years I realized it has been the words that come through my mind the moment the alarm goes off and I start waking up! AND THAT HAS CHANGED EVERYTHING IN MY DAY!!!

I’m praying it all through the day too, which is awesome for sure but it set the tone for how I’m viewing life, things like:

1. I’m giving God credit for being God.

2. I’m placing Jesus in charge of my life and my day.

3. It reminds me, Jesus has what I need.

4. It keeps me humble and thankful.

I didn’t even do this on purpose! Sure, I prayed the Jesus Prayer on purpose during the day, but because I made the Jesus Prayer a part of my spiritual habits, it became part of me and part of my life.

So how do you do it?

Start by praying the prayer over and over again: “Lord Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.” Prayer beads or a prayer rope is a help (check out http://prayerworksstudio.com/prayer-beads/). That’s it!

From that starting point, I have been able to face the tragedies, the joys, the changes and the unexpected throughout my life. When I began to pray it at the start of the morning, I realized it had been doing transforming work and made me so much more aware of God. Truly it has been the 1 thing that has changed everything in my day and my life.



0 comments:

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP